Questified Heart Pops For That Special Person
“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.” That’s Shakespeare, folks. Was the Bard thinking of Questified conversation heart pops when he wrote that? Perhaps we’ll never know. Instead of worrying about it, why not whip up a batch for someone you love.
Check out the full recipe below
QUESTIFIED HEART POPS
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 heart pop
Calories: 190 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Net Carb: 15g
Total Carb: 15g | Sugar: 1g
QUESTIFIED HEART POPS
- 1 Quest White Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bar
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp almond milk, separated
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup zero calorie sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup gluten free baking flour (1:1)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 8oz sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sugar free white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a 8×8 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Chop the bar into small pieces and place them into a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of the almond milk.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir smooth and then add to a mixing bowl with the remaining almond milk, oil, sweetener, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour, gluten free baking flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until a batter forms. Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 20-24 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Meanwhile whisk together the cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Crumble the cake into small pieces and place them into a bowl of a stand alone mixer with the cream cheese mixture and use a paddle attachment to combine (or a mixing bowl using a handheld mixer).
- Press the mixture back into the pan in an even layer and use 2” heart cookie cutter to cut out about 16 hearts. You will need to take the scraps and press them back together to cut out more hearts. The hearts should be about an inch thick.
- Place the hearts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and while pressing a heart down with one hand, insert a pop stick into the bottom of each heart. Freeze for 4 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a deep microwave safe glass. Remove the pops from the freezer and dip each pop in the chocolate to coat. Use a knife to run along the bottom of the pop to remove as much excess chocolate as you can.
- Once the chocolate hardens, melt the white chocolate, and place it into a piping bag or plastic zip bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Decorate the pops and serve.
#Questified #Heart #Pops #Special #Person