Saving your life from Super Glue
Cyanoacrylate glue is the industrial name for what is commonly known as “Crazy Glue” or “Super Glue”. In fact, the term cyanoacrylate glue generally describes quick-bonding super glues. They can be used to combine anything from metal to plastic and even human skin. what would you do when it goes into your eyes ? terrifying at the same interesting.
Dr. Sagili chandrasekhra reddy covered 53 cases of super glue instillation in the eyes over a period of 30 years.No cases of serious ocular damage were reported. In most occurrences, medical professionals removed glue from the eye with forceps, trimmed stuck eyelashes, and irrigated the eye. Notably, no cases of serious ocular morbidity were reported. In layman’s terms that means everyone went home with a pair of working eyeballs
What should I do if Super Glue directly falls into my eyes?
Do not panic, superglue does not cause heavy damage to your eyes if treatment takes on time.
If it happens with you wash your eyes immediately from warm water and try to open your eyes underwater it slows down the process of adhesion. Do not rub your eyes it can cause serious complications if anyone have eye lubricant in your surroundings just put it in your eyes. you can also use over the counter medicines as soon as you can contact your doctor he will guide you for further treatment. In this whole process just relax and calm you will be okay soon.
What should I do if it’s stuck on my skin?
A problem you may experience is the cyanoacrylate glue‘s (also known as super glue) tendency to form strong bonds with undesirable surfaces, such as your skin. This is a common problem because the human skin is constantly respiring and generates a layer of moisture, creating conditions for the cyanoacrylate glue to cure.
This problem can be easily solved with the help of acetone, commonly known as nail polish remover. Acetone can chemically dissolve the strong bonds occurring in the cyanoacrylate glue without harming your skin. It can also be used to eliminate glue residue from any surface. but do not put that into your eyes. it can be dangerous.